Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Update

WOW its been forever since I have posted anything, and a lot of thing have happened.
First off Garrett arrived on March 1. After 2 long weeks of having contractions we finally got him here. We went in twice for false alarms. Once at 36 weeks and the other at 38. We would get to the hospital having contractions and as soon as they got me all hooked up to the monitors the contractions would drift away. Man I was so frustrated and so uncomfortable. The day before we had him my doctor striped my membranes and that made the contractions even harder. We finally went in on March 1 and they hooked me to the monitor and checked me. I was dilated to a five and my water sack was bugling. They normally would have sent me home but I had a really nice nurse and Doctor that said nope she is staying. I was happy to be finally past the triage. They got me to my room and the contractions really started coming. I got my epidural by the way the best epidural ever i still had full control of my legs and felt pressure but no pain. And soon after they broke my water and 1 1/2 later we had a baby. Garrett was born weighing 8 lb 5 oz. and 20 inches long. Compared to Carson's Delivery the time was about the same but enjoyed Garrett's delivery a lot more. I don't know if it because I knew what was going to happen and how it should feel or if it was my doctor and the care we received I'm not sure but I would totally do it again ( maybe lets wait a few years). Garrett is a really good baby. He doesn't really cry unless he is hurt, but he will grunt and squawk. He is doing two four hour stretches during the night. We feel so blessed to have two good sons.
Carson turned two on April 2. We went to Amanda and Jarred's house. He had so much fun playing with his cousins. Carson is really starting to use more of his words. It seems like he says a new word each day. Its really exciting to see him learn new things. Carson is all boy he loves dirt, cars and motorcycles and anything with a ball. He loves his brother and is really good with Garrett.
I will post pictures soon.